Stansbury Cemetery

Phone: 8852 4577
Mobile: 8852 4577
99983
99983
99983
99983
99983
99983

Map

Description

Stansbury Cemetery is located on Oyster Point Drive, overlooking the southern Stansbury beach – known by locals as ‘The Back Beach’. The original cemetery was located on Beechcroft Road, until it was relocated to its current location. In 1890, 43 local school children planted trees in the 'new' cemetery, an event that was sponsored by the local Agricultural Bureau. The original cemetery was in place (1872) before Stansbury was officially dedicated and named (1873).