Corny Point Lighthouse

Phone: 1800 202 445



Completed in 1882 and made of limestone, quarried from a nearby farm. De-manned in 1920, the light continued to shine until 11 December 1942, when a Japanese invasion was feared and it was turned off for several weeks. It was converted to electricity in 1978. Entries from the light keeper's logs describe how it survived earthquakes and other natural phenomenon such as seeing meteors flying past. Today the lighthouse reserve is open to the public.