Bews Memorial, Wallaroo

Phone: 8821 2333
99902
99902
99902
99902

Map

Description

Bews Memorial is located in the park opposite the Museum and was erected in 1895 in memory of David Bews M.P., a local man who was responsible for bringing reticulated water to Wallaroo from the Beetaloo Reservoir in 1890. Prior to this, water was obtained from underground storage tanks or wells and was always in short supply during summer months.